VIDEO BLOG: 60S
Here are six points you should consider if you are entertaining a career change.
A surprising number of workers are pushing back on returning to the office. Some are prepared to quit long-term, well-paying positions to preserve that newfound life balance.
Meanwhile, others are flirting with the idea of changing careers.
Why change? Are you running to something or from something?JohnGSelf
Here are six points you should consider if you are entertaining a career change:
- Why change? Are you running to something or from something?
- Skills – What will you have to learn to be a credible applicant?
- Financial – Can you afford to take a step back in pay until you master your new field?
- Risk tolerance – Changing jobs is a risk, but changing careers can be a bigger risk. Do you have financial reserves in case it does not work out?
- Geographic limitations – Can you relocate to achieve this goal?
- Family support – Do you have the emotional support necessary to achieve this transition.
If you have questions about changing careers, contact me.