Here are five steps you should take to maximize your chances to land your next better job. This is not rocket science, but unless you put in the work you will not succeed.
- Build a network of contacts based on your career plan, including targeted prospective companies and executives. Use our networking 3.0 approach to maximize your effectiveness.
- Create a resume that sells your value and customize it for each position you pursue. Use the keywords, and phrases, and address the specific selection criteria.
- Prepare for the interviews. Anticipate the questions and rehearse your answers.
- Be video proficient – good lighting, camera framing, and audio.
- Alert your references. Brief them on the job and the issues.
Check out our affordable job search courses for additional coaching and insight at JohnGSelf.Com.