Here are five reasons job applicants crash and burn.
- Your value brand statement is not focused. This failing affects your resume and how you approach the interview process.
- You did not vet your references until it was too late the benefit from their feedback.
- You are eliminated at the outset because you did not customize your resume with keywords and phrases from the online job summary. The ATS scanner kicks you out.
- You stumble in the telephone screening call. Your answers are not focused, and time expires before the recruiter asks their essential questions.
- You think recruitment is about you. It is not. It is about the employer trying to find someone to solve a problem. You do not adjust your approach.