Visit JohnGSelf.Com to learn more about becoming a more attractive job applicant. Check out:
- More than 1,000 posts and videos on career management
- Sign up for GotAMinute, our free career guidance video series
- Check out our in-depth affordable career management courses available through a monthly subscription plan.
Here are five steps to becoming a more attractive job applicant.
- Understand your value. Develop your value proposition.
- Use your value proposition to focus your resume.
- Do not rely on online applications to get the best job for you. Build a professional network based on your career plan – where you want to be and what you want to do.
- Leverage your references. They can share valuable insight into your strengths and weaknesses, which will help you prepare for job interviews.
- Identify likely questions for your interview. Practice and rehearse, especially your answers to questions you hope they don’t ask.