Be the Job Applicant EveryoneWantsto Hire. Visit JohnGSelf.Com for details on our affordable subscription plan options.
PRODUCER’S NOTE: Watch for our new Guiding Your Career Chapter on the Art of Interviewing. Networking gets you to the table, but how you interview will determine whether you get the offer.
When you dissect someone’s career hopes and dreams, it is surprising how big a role the word “hope” plays in their strategy. Faith also plays a role. An action plan, less so.
They hope to lead a major public corporation, for example. When pressed about their career plan or strategy, the word hope usually enters the conversation. For some, their faith is mentioned.
Consider these ideas:
- The inflated economy is unstable. Can the Fed lead us to a soft landing? Possible, but unlikely.
- Will a recession produce layoffs? Probably, but the extent is uncertain.
- Is hope a good career Strategy? No. Hope without a plan usurps focus and action.
- “My faith will see me through.” Faith is important. But faith calls us to take action to grow.
- Successful CEOs rely on a plan, not hope and dreams, to achieve their goals.
You are the CEO of your career.