If you are thinking about entering the job market, there are five actions you should take before “making it official.”
- If you do not have a career vision statement, write one. This statement will codify your goals and your values for all your messaging.
- Understand your value. Identify your four or five signature strengths and then document those evidence of your expertise. This is vital to providing a focused statement on who you are and your value for a future employer.
- Recruit your references. Find out what they liked about you and where they felt you could improve. Their feedback and insight will help you prepare for job interviews.
- Update your resume. Do your accomplishments for each employment tenure showcase your value? BE prepared to customize it for each job.
- Research commonly asked interview questions. Prepare rehearse on an ongoing basis.