Play Video: 59 Seconds
Listen to this scenario, devise your interview strategy and then we will “compare notes” on Thursday. Think about the stories/examples you will use to communicate your value in a compelling, memorable way.
You are ready for the next step in your career. The market leader in your field is recruiting for a perfect position — a higher level title, expanded scope of responsibility, and an increase in base salary.
As luck would have it, you have a good LinkedIn contact working at that company who provides you with some excellent job search intel. Here is what you learn:JohnGSelf
As luck would have it, you have a good LinkedIn contact working at that company who provides you with some excellent job search intel. Here is what you learn:
- Your contact knows the recruiter. She says the competition will be fierce, the best of the best.
- Differentiating yourself from other applicants will be paramount.
- This employer values previous work experience, including jobs you held while in school and summer internships.
- They are drawn to creative thinkers who can demonstrate their ability to think out of the box and hit their performance targets.
- You must demonstrate you can lead talented colleagues, building strong collaborative relationships.
What are you going to say? What stories will you tell to win this position?