Play this Video: 61S
Important Information Regarding Your Resume
There are three things you can say about your resume:
- It is an integral part of your brand. That is good.
- It is a document most of us hate to mess with. That’s bad
- It is the document that gets us eliminated from consideration for that dream job more often than not. Now that’s ugly.
Here are five guidelines to bolster your resume:
Liberally use Keywords and phrases from the job description whenever possible.JohnGSelf
- Be sure to include your address and other contact information at the top. Some ATS systems will eliminate the resume without an address
- Make the document easier to read. Do not use a typeface smaller than 11 points. Create white space between major entries.
- Liberally use Keywords and phrases from the job description whenever possible.
- Describe each employer, then list your title and then explain your scope of responsibility. Do not mix scope of responsibility statements with accomplishments
- Be sure your accomplishments sell your value