As Thanksgiving approaches, it is time to update our list of worst career decisions – The Big Turkeys.
5. Misplayed loyalty. People who stayed with companies out of loyalty but were still screwed over by their not-too-loyal bosses.
4. Misplaced trust. HR is not your friend if the big bully boss is also a big producer and a friend of the CEO.
3. It can’t happen to me. Many laid-off tech workers ignored the economic warning signs and/or company earnings reports.
2. Great miscalculation. Great Resignation employees found that the greener grass on the other side of the fence was over a septic tank.
1. I should have networked more. This is from the thousands of displaced workers in their late 40s and 50s who are struggling to find a new job.